Scikit-image community call announcements

In today’s call “we” discussed the pseudo-random seeding API.

Summary: I wrote wrote a SPEC with a suggestion, which is under discussion. For the next skimage release I propose that we make a calculated guess and switch to rng instead of seed / random_state.

Hey everyone,

here is a reminder that we’ll have our community meeting today (2023-05-09) at 17:00 UTC. Feel welcome to join at Zoom (Meeting ID: 880 6056 7580). You can find the meeting notes here.

You may want to subscribe to our calendar for more convenient reminders.

This is an open meeting, so everyone is welcome to join!

A PR has now been made for unification of the seeding interface.

We’re moving up this afternoon’s call to 13:00 Pacific to discuss the release.

We’re finalizing the release, so will move today’s meeting to tomorrow, Wed at 12:00 Pacific.

For those of you who rely on the Pacific meetings for discussion, I’m happy to also still meet at 4pm Pacific today; let me know.

Hey everyone,

here is a reminder that we’ll have our community meeting today (2023-06-06) at 17:00 UTC. Feel welcome to join at Zoom (Meeting ID: 880 6056 7580). You can find the meeting notes here.

Hey everyone,

here is a reminder that we’ll have our community meeting today (2023-06-20) at 17:00 UTC. Feel welcome to join at Zoom (Meeting ID: 880 6056 7580). You can find the meeting notes here.

Anyone around for a community meeting today?

1 Like

Hi @lagru,

I’m trying to arrange so I can join today! 7pm our local time, right?

See you,
Marianne

1 Like

Great! Yes, see you then at 17:00 UTC.

1 Like

Perfect, I’ll be there!

Hey everyone,

here is a reminder that we’ll have our community meeting today (2023-08-15) at 17:00 UTC. Feel welcome to join at Zoom (Meeting ID: 880 6056 7580). You can find the meeting notes here .

Hey everyone,

here is a reminder that we’ll have our community meeting today (2023-08-29) at 17:00 UTC. Feel welcome to join at Zoom (Meeting ID: 880 6056 7580). You can find the meeting notes here .

1 Like

Thanks Lars! I’m not 100% sure I can make it but I will try! (I am in Spain visiting family.)

1 Like

Hey everyone,

here is a reminder that we’ll have our community meeting today (2023-09-26) at 17:00 UTC. Feel welcome to join at Zoom (Meeting ID: 880 6056 7580). You can find the meeting notes here.

This is an open meeting, so everyone is very welcome to join!

1 Like

Hey everyone,

here is a reminder that we’ll have our community meeting today (2023-10-10) at 17:00 UTC. Feel welcome to join at Zoom (Meeting ID: 880 6056 7580). You can find the meeting notes here.

Hey everyone, there’s a SPEC Steering Committee meeting tomorrow at the same time of our regular Atlantic-centric meeting. Stéfan an I propose to move our meeting time up by one hour to 16:00 UTC.

Hey everyone,

here is a reminder that we’ll have our community meeting today (2023-12-19) at 17:00 UTC. Feel welcome to join at Zoom (Meeting ID: 880 6056 7580). You can find the meeting notes here.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

here is a reminder that tomorrow we’ll have our first community meeting (2024-01-16) at 17:00 UTC in 2024. :tada: You can find and add to the meeting notes here. This is an open meeting, so everyone is very welcome to join at framatalk.org/skimage-community (Jitsi)!