Scikit-image community call announcements

Might be useful to collect our announcements in a single post here. I’ve put it under the Contributor & Developer category for now but feel free to move it to Announcements if you deem that more appropriate and have the rights. Otherwise, could someone with the correct permissions pin this perhaps?

1 Like

Hey everyone,

here is a reminder that we’ll have our community meeting today at 17:00 UTC (19:00 PM Amsterdam). Feel free to join us at Zoom (Meeting ID: 880 6056 7580) and checkout our meeting notes at scikit-image Community Call - HackMD and feel welcome to add anything you are interested in discussing. This is an open meeting, so everyone is welcome to join!

Hi @lagru,

In my calendar the next Atlantic-friendly meeting is taking place on Oct 11, but I’ve noticed that the HackMD currently reads Oct 4(?). I’m not sure I can participate on Oct 4.

Tomorrow is the Pacific / Australia meeting, I think.

@stefanv got the right idea. I just prepared it for the next call regardless of people being able to attend it or not.

Oh, right! Thank you both :pray:

Err, woops, my apologies—I had an off-by-one error in my head today, so I missed everything!

I don’t think you missed anything as it didn’t take place? Maybe I should have been more that most of the time I won’t be able to accommodate the Pacific / Australia friendly meeting times. Next week I’ll be able to organize again.

No problem, Juan wasn’t able to make it either, so we’ll continue next week. I was mainly hoping to discuss your PRs anyway :slight_smile:

Hey everyone,

here is a reminder that we’ll have our community meeting tomorrow (2022-10-11) at 17:00 UTC (19:00 PM Amsterdam). Feel free to join us at Zoom (Meeting ID: 880 6056 7580) and checkout our meeting notes at scikit-image Community Call - HackMD and feel welcome to add anything you are interested in discussing. This is an open meeting, so everyone is welcome to join!

Hi @lagru, just letting you know that I won’t be able to join today. Cheers, Marianne

Hey everyone,

here is a reminder that we’ll have our community meeting today (2022-10-25) at 17:00 UTC (19:00 PM Amsterdam). Feel free to join us at Zoom (Meeting ID: 880 6056 7580) .

Note that there were some updates to the meeting resources

• We updated the URL of to the HackMD meeting notes recently and it seems that there are still some permission issues! In case this is not fixed in time, we can use the old document for today’s meeting.
  • Furthermore, from now on the Americas/Oceania meeting now also uses the same Zoom room as today’s Europe/Africa one.

You may want to subscribe to our calendar for more convenient reminders.

This is an open meeting, so everyone is welcome to join!

Hi @lagru,

Sorry I couldn’t join last night, I was busy with: Tutorials presented to the Data Umbrella community :wink:

PS: @stefanv I can’t access the new HackMD either (403 error).

No worries, I think currently only signed-in users are allowed to read/write to that HackMD note. Have you tried that? We should probably enable at least read access for everyone though.

Oh, right! Good to see you held the meeting with @stefanv.

I agree.

I’ve changed the sharing settings, so should be good now.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

this is short notice but I’d be available to hold our community meeting today (2022-11-22) at 17:00 UTC (19:00 PM Amsterdam). Feel free to join at Zoom (Meeting ID: 880 6056 7580). You can find the meeting notes here.

You may want to subscribe to our calendar for more convenient reminders.

This is an open meeting, so everyone is welcome to join!

I was not able to make the last meeting @lagru but could make the upcoming one on Dec. 6.

@jarrodmillman, @stefanv or others: I could also make the 3pm pacific time meeting slot today if anyone is around. It would be good to sync on 0.20 release plans. Are there any remaining issues with the wheel building workflow that still need work?

Today’s going to be hard for me. Any chance we can meet on Friday to discuss this?

I am free between noon-4:00 pm pacific on Friday.